Industrial Commission Policies
Rules of the Ohio Administrative Code adopted by the IC.
Chapter 4121 - 1: Notice and Meetings
- 4121-1-01 - Notice procedure for the adoption, amendment or rescission of rules
- 4121-1-02 - Notice of public meetings
- 4121-1-03 - Non-adjudicatory meetings of the Industrial Commission
Chapter 4121 - 2: Standards of Practice
- 4121-2-01 - Standards of practice for attorneys, agents, and representatives of claimants or employers
- 4121-2-02 - Suspension from practice
Chapter 4121 - 3: Claims Procedures
- 4121-3-01 - Office locations and office hours
- 4121-3-09 - Conduct of hearings before the Commission and its staff and district hearing officers
- 4121-3-10 - Lump sum payments for attorneys' fees for securing an award
- 4121-3-12 - Suspension of the processing of claims
- 4121-3-13 - Disputed self-insuring employers' claims
- 4121-3-15 - Percentage of permanent partial disability
- 4121-3-16 - Motions
- 4121-3-17 - Briefs
- 4121-3-18 - Administrative appeals
- 4121-3-19 - Form reference
- 4121-3-20 - Additional awards by reason of violations of specific safety requirements
- 4121-3-21 - Change of address
- 4121-3-22 - Inspection of claim files
- 4121-3-24 - Fee controversies
- 4121-3-25 - Application for change of occupation allowance
- 4121-3-26 - Effect of rules
- 4121-3-30 - Emergency hearings
- 4121-3-31 - Waiver for recreational activities
- 4121-3-32 - Temporary disability
- 4121-3-34 - Permanent total disability
Chapter 4121 - 4: Confidential Personal Information
- 4121-4-01 - Definitions
- 4121-4-02 - Procedures for accessing confidential personal information
- 4121-4-03 - Valid reasons for accessing confidential personal information
- 4121-4-04 - Confidentiality statutes
- 4121-4-05 - Restricting and logging access to confidential personal information in computerized personal information systems
Chapter 4121 - 15: Code of Ethics
- 4121-15-01 - Code of ethics, title, and rules covering
- 4121-15-02 - Policy
- 4121-15-03 - Standards of conduct
- 4121-15-04 - Posting, distribution and employee acknowledgement and receipt
- 4121-15-05 - Purpose: eliminating outside influence; producing impartiality in handling of claims and employer risk accounts and avoiding favoritism
- 4121-15-06 - Furnishing employees' code of ethics and rules on improper influence to representatives
- 4121-15-07 - Representatives' responsibility relative to employees' code of ethics
- 4121-15-08 - Remedial action against persons exercising improper influence and engaging in favoritism
- 4121-15-09 - Prohibition against unnecessary claim file possession
- 4121-15-10 - Standards of conduct for adjudicators (This rule is currently being considered for amendment. For more information, visit News and Info)
Chapter 4121 - 17: Payments to Health Care Providers
- 4121-17-07 - Filing of bills
Chapter 4125 - 1: Joint Rules of IC and BWC
NOTE: Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view individual Rules. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you may download it here for free.
Information about how rules are created may be obtained by viewing the IC's informational Fact Sheets (link located in the Quick Links). The following Web sites may also be useful if you’re interested in more information:
- The Register of Ohio contains all state agency rule proposal packages.
- The Joint Committee on Agency Rule Review is the legislative committee responsible for the review and processing of all state agency rules.
- All Ohio Revised Code (ORC) and Ohio Administrative Code (OAC) rules and laws are available online through LAWriter.
- Link to the list of OAC and ORC rules and statutes relative to workers’ compensation located on the Bureau of Workers’ Compensation’s Web site.
I.C.O.N. is your online resource for managing your hearing file. Logon to file appeals, objections, continuances, cancellations, request services, and view or add documents to your hearing folder.
We're here to help! Call, fax or email us at askIC@ic.state.oh.us with questions and concerns.
Download individual PDFs of IC forms.
Get the information you need to comply with IC rules, resolutions, policies and guidelines.
The Appeals Process
Confused about the process or what is expected of you? Visit the Appeals Process section to learn the ins and outs of workers’ compensation claims and hearings.